The basic office set up should have for each computer:
1. Commercial anti-virus (not a free one!) Prevent virus on PC and networks, inc Mac’s
2. Backup to on-site network drive & off-site storage: For data recovery and archival
3. System image disaster recovery set. This is full copy of your computer hard drive.
4. UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply): To prevent hard drive crashes and data loss.
Network Set up:
1. Business class router and switch, typically life time warranty
2. Cat 5E cable to each workstation computer. (20-50x faster than wireless)
3. Separate WiFi access point (if needed)
4. Network server or NAS (Network Area Storage)
1. Laser Network printer with high yield cartridge, spend $350 or more
(No ink jets, unless wide format printer is needed)
On-site routine maintenance each PC every 3- 6 months. Just like maintaining your company car.
Internally clean each PC and server every 6 months.